View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: TPTK, controlling the pot size question

yes i agree your stack size is causing a problem here.

But I think a turn bet of $40 is ok. He's not getting drawing odds for his flush. If he shoves that bet then I'm still folding it. He's saying he has a set and so you're drawing dead so save you last $20

yes he might be bluffing but at the end of the day if a player's going to rep the nuts the first time I meet him he's definitely going to get a fold from me. You have no reason to think he'd be bluffing.

He's far more likely to shove the flop to a semi bluff than the turn as he has a lot more fold equity on the flop (and more chances to draw).

You don't need to be play scared about running into the nuts. If you happen to have a big hand while someone has the nuts then it will cost you no question - but even here it wont stack you. And you do have a big hand here given that board.

I think the key thing for me is that he's far more likely to be drawing than laying a trap.

Also think of it from his view. You raised PF. You bet the Q high flop and turn despite his bet into you on the flop. You are clearly stating you have at least the Q. If he actually bluffs you here not knowing you then he's probably a lunatic and that will become apparent soon enough. So you'll probably get your money back.

Players will only make bluffs if they think you will fold else what's the point. He has no reaon to think you will fold to a shove (despite the fact I'm saying I would if I don't know the player - ie I think most players at this table wouldn't fold to the shove).

Also presumably he doesnt know you either so again why would he risk you taking his stack by calling his bluff?

I just don't see him shoving any hand that's not already ahead. And even KK (the realistic worst hand he could be ahead with) you should be folding to (5 outs for you).