Thread: Flash to pass?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Flash to pass?

[ QUOTE ]
I never said I wasn't going to get out of his way, but I'm not goign to inconvienence myself to do so. It really sucks to be a nice guy, move to the left lane and then get stuck in the slow lane.

If the left lane is clear, I usually go ahead and move over. But more often than not, there is just enough traffic that I would end up stuck behind a truck or something which I really hate. People that expect you to move over when you are clearly passing a broken line of traffic on the left need to learn a little courtesy of their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the situation I normally see. I rarely ever see someone refuse to move to the right if there is plenty of room and they will not have to slow their own speed in order to let someone pass.

If I am driving 5-10 over in the left lane and slowly overtaking broken traffic in the right lanes I'm not moving over and slowing down so some idiot can drive by at 20 over. When traffic allows me to move over and maintain my own speed I will move over.

Flashing your lights at me in this situation will just increase your drive time considerably.