View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 03:27 AM

Default Re: (55) So you\'ve decided to represent trips...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My preflop raise was my standard Level 1 no limpers preflop raise and that's the way it's gonna be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people say things like this? Some people are so dedicated to improving their game and then so stubborn regarding seemingly random issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Varying your raise amount based on your cards in any sort of systematic way is a bad idea because it gives infomation about your hand. I will vary my raise amount based on position, stack sizes, and the number of limpers as to give myself the best odds (both pot and implied) to play the hand. Also, I said I'm open to the idea of varying the amount of my standard raise if there's a reason to fine-tune it, so I'm not claiming that exactly 45 is perfectly correct now and forever.

The problem with this hand is that if he's going to stack me every single time he flops two-pair or better, I'm giving people correct implied odds to call with any two. I have to be able to take a lot of chips from people some of the time to play this hand profitably and this might be a spot where I need to not lose a lot. It might also be a spot where I stand to win a lot, so I need to get it right.