View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Low Limit Bubble Pushing \"How-To\"

Holy balls I wish someone would write this.

I was rereading an old curtains post where Gigabet wrote something that struck a chord with me:

"Players that call too much rarely make it to this level of blinds. They have either already busted out, or already won all of the chips. If you happen to be at this stage with a calling station, then you cannot push with any two....just wait until you have something good to push with, you only have to bust him one time."

This post was made in reference to a bubble decision at the $215 level, where I'm sure this statement makes sense. At the $11s, though, I feel the number of "players who call too much" probably outnumber those who don't and my inaction sometimes means getting blinded to death.

Which leads me to my point. A lot has been written about when you should call a push on the bubble. When I'm in a short-stack on the bubble, however, I'm often wondering what I should be pushing with.

So here's a couple of scenarios. Against typical $11 players, with what hands would you push? Which, if any, would you raise and fold to a big stack push? What do you do with big pairs?

BB - t5500
SB (Hero) - t1500
Button - t1500
UTG - t5000

BB - t5500
SB - t1500
Button (Hero) - t1500
UTG - t5000

Thanks in advance.