View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Am I completely nuts?

I'm currently 18, a senior in HS. I've done very well playing poker, making a decent amount of money. However...I barely spend money, and when I do I don't look at what the "normal" senior male in HS would look at.

The last $1000 or so I've spent has been on a new glass desk, tv stand, mini fridge, and massaging chair. I have no desire to buy an xbox 360, CD's, or games.... I'm too busy looking at single cup coffee machines, smoothie makers, and hammocks. How gay does that sound?

I currently do not own a car, and really don't care to. I can drive my parents whenever necessary, and would rather not make payments. I love having no financial pressure. Eventually I plan on buying a car, maybe in the spring when I can hopefully drop 7k in cash and still feel comfortable bankroll wise.

In fact I have very little pressure in my life. I really have little drive. I come home from school around 12pm, sleep until around 6pm, buy myself some food, then play online from about 8pm-3am. Goto sleep til 6, wash rinse and repeat. Maybe this has something to do with my "want/need" mentality?

Basically....I'm asking if anyone has heard of anybody else like this, or if you just think I'm a weirdo with too much freedom.