View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: A few hands from my final table last night

Primary difference between hand one and hand two is the amount of money in the pot in relationship to your stack size. In hand one there is an approx. 5k pot and you have 24k left in your stack, so about 1/5 of your chips.

The second hand, there is a pot of 13k and you have 16k left, so the pot is 1/2 your stack. Makes the all-in on the second hand ok to play fast and might even encourage a call from a ten.

But the first hand with made straight and a redraw to the nut-flush or gut-shot straight flush, with less percent of your stack out there, it should probably be played more slowly, unless you have a read that acting aggressively will be more likely to get you a call (that is you've been going all-in like crazy and they are dying to call you down).

I'm not sure about what to have done with the last hand, but minraising the chip leader out of the sb with just about anything makes me queezy, much less some junk. I like a fold, complete or push much better than a minraise and on the flop either a push, check or checkraise push (if he makes a small enough bet to have any FE).