View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Stars $500k hand w/TP against another big stack

I call; you played AT obviously so you could hit that Ace. You've hit your ace and now you're considering folding to an all-in? I make the call and hope I'm against a weaker ace or someone with a flush draw that was trying to bully me out of the pot near the bubble. Besides, the pot odds are giving you enough IMHO to make this call.

However, reading syke's thought process does make a good amount of sense. Perhaps you should just take a shot at bullying the little people, but I don't think I could just muck here too easily when I know he's playing on the bubble factor.

edit - I got to thinking a little about this and I think he's counting on you having paired your ace; I'm not sure someone would make this push into you and totally give you no credit for an ace. The more I think about it, the more I think this looks like a set...

On the other side, though, your opponent extracts no more value from you with an all-in if you fold. If he calls your bet and fires on the turn against your bet, then he's earned an extra bet. So does he just want you to go away and want you to be fearing the bubble, or is he playing on the fact that you know he's doing this and will think he's bluffing and he really has a powerful hand?

Man, I've analyzed this hand waaaay too hard; you should probably just take an Occam's Razor approach here and figure that the simplest explanation is the correct one, and I think he's just bullying you. But that's just my thought.