View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Turning it around

I have also been stricken with "JohnnyBeef Disease" (except in MTTs). Good news is that I only play 4 or so tourneys a day. Busy guy.

But, finishing OOTM in too many of the last 40 or so STTs led me to believe that my memory was poison. That's right. Poison.

Folding T7o from MP then watching the flop come 89J or TT7 (you know the story, things like this happen over and over again in streaks) was causing me to slide into playing marginal hands. This was especially true of early levels where I absolutely knew better than to be involved in any hand.

Hi, I'm Slacker and I forgot to forget.....

I forgot that the cards have no memory and the last hand has no consequence on future hands.

I forgot to play a disciplined, patient game early.

I forgot that the situation (rather than the cards) should play a large part in my decision making.

I forgot to have a realistic expectation of my opponents' range and strength.

I forgot that "chip envy" will destroy your mid-level game.

My memory made me a fish.

So, if you only 2-table or less (like me), learn to fire and forget. If you multi, then you don't have time to dwell on such things so never mind...

Now for the expected persiflage:

That, and be sure to delete all of your hand histories from your hard drive, put on your lucky Sponge-Bob Squarepants boxers, select Orange as your card color and sit in seat #3 always.

Snapped me out of the losing funk and am now on a large (for me) heater!

SlackerMc.Um...uh...I forgot.