View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Party High Stakes Winners and Losers (datamined)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Over past 2 months about I've been datamining the party 50/100 and 100/200 games as much as possible and I've accumulated 288k hands so far at these limits. I plan to continue datamineing these games and will report back now and then with the latest results. This database is not for sale fyi.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's amazing that Party allows this datamining stuff to continue. And even more amazing that the high stakes players here don't seem to object it. Don't you think that the dataminers have an “unfair advantage” when they can collect thousands of hands without:

- allowing the other players see how the miners play
- having to pay any rake
- risking any money in possible losses

I noticed in earlier thread comments about Derb being a bot. True or not, isn't datamining a great tool for the developement of bots? I assume that for example Poker Academy's Vexbot would be very efficient in exploiting the weaknesses of the worst players in the above list, when given their betting patterns in thousand headsup situations.

Is this possibility for datamining good in the long run for the skillful “human” online players?

Mason Malmuth has written about poker's integrity in his essays. It would nice be know his and David Sklansky's opinion on this new favorite “hobby” of the 2+2 posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I think datamining is wrong for the above reasons. And it wasn't such a long time ago that discussing specific screenames on here was taboo. Funny how things have changed.