Thread: 1000BB Strategy
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 03:34 PM

Default 1000BB Strategy

I do most of my playing on the party $5/10 tables, with a live home game thrown in every now and then. At the last home game I was at, I got invited by a friend to a game he described as great- full of rich lawyers, dotcommers, etc who like to throw around money gambling. The minimum buy in is $5000 - that's not a problem for me- I'm bankrolled enough that I could lose a few buyins and still play the $5/10 comfortably. However, the thing I'm a little worried about is that the blinds are only $5/5. I've never played anything close to that deep - occasionally I've had a situation where I've been at a table with one other player that has ~300 BB, but never six-seven handed where everyone has this much.

What type of strategies should I employ here to differentiate my game from a ~100 BB game? Specifically, how are these assumptions:
1) I can call more bets with (disgused) drawing hands on the turn given that my implied odds are higher
2) Set over set becomes more dangerous
3) Hands like suited two gappers are more playable
4) Position is even more of a factor.

sorry for the vagueness of this post- I'm just trying to figure out a game I don't have a lot of experience with.