View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: A question to stox, cup, morg, sublime, and any other Party affils

This is really turning into a comedy with "secret contacts" and such, you would think this is some Tom Clancy novel or the CIA we're dealing with. I kid you not - I had one spam offer that claimed to have written authorization from Bhargava himself (Dikshit's associate) behind the back of the affiliate managers.

The lack of transparency is necessary because Party doesn't want an uprising from traditional non-RB affiliates, and so RB affiliates can maintain a profit margin. Having middlemen in there complicates matters, but hey that's the system Party set up so we have to play by their rules.

Reality is I'm not sure what Party is worried about - if they piss off Linda Johnson, what's she going to do, sue? The contracts are loosely worded, and CPC probably needs Party more than they need her. Further, Party's stock is chopped in half, so they'll be willing to play dirty.

Morg, stox, et al are a good bunch who stand to lose a ton if this doesn't work out in the long run, so I'm sure they are pursuing the right channels. I really hope this works out for everyone involved, affiliates and players - time will tell.