View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Need advice on these hands

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

eMarkM, you’re right, teecoy is really on an amazing run. I sat next to him for 3 hours last night & he went all-in with ATos vs. KK (against me), 77 vs. KK, AJos vs. AKs & QQ & won all three. He also had AA against AQ & AK to help him build his stack. He LOVES AT & AJ & they worked for him last night.

Regarding the KK hand, I never even considering anything but calling - as a matter of fact, I nearly jumped out of my chair screaming "yes" when he went all in. I was just wondering if I should have considered anything else - it sounds like the resounding answer is "of course not" & I shouldn’t be second-guessing myself.

Regarding the flush draws, it's VERY rare for me to put all my chips in the pot on a draw, but I sometimes bet the draw anyway - it usually disguises the draw if it hits & of course I win the pots a good number of times uncontested. If I had been him, I’m not sure if I would have called with K7 – even heads up, so I was really counting more on the fold equity than on the draw. (But obviously I had outs.)

Thanks,

-Napawino