View Single Post
Old 12-19-2003, 03:15 AM

Default \"If you don\'t like it, leave\"

I'm sorry, but when I hear this comment it just makes my blood boil. I'm sick and tired of hearing "conservatives" (or whatever the term imbeciles use for themselves for these days) tell "liberals" (the term they use for anyone who doesn't fall lockstep behind the leadership of our Bozo in Chief) to "leave the country" if they don't like it."

This is an absurdity that is almost uniquely American. I have been to Europe many times, and I don't recall ever hearing a Frenchman tell another Frenchman to leave France if he doesn't like a particular policy of the French government. I seriously doubt a Japanese person would ever be told to leave Japan if they didn't like the policies of the Japanese government.

The funny thing is these chumps think of themselves as "real Americans", a term they use to separate themselves from the "foreigners", "college professors" or "welfare mothers", people who either "don't live in the real world" or are "a waste of my tax dollars". I have yet to find out what a "real American is", but I assume these folks think it is directly proportional to how many "Don't mess with the US" bumper stickers they put on their cars.

Normal people and "conservatives" alike need to realize that open dicourse is essential to democracy. If someone is criticizing the government and its policies, chances are that they would like to somehow IMPROVE what the nation is doing, not because they want to see its demise or destruction.