View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: White Nationalism as a Cultural Backlash

[ QUOTE ]
Minorities are becoming a larger part of the American landscape, and everyone knows it - and the battle for their political allegiance has only just begun. The neo-cons (who some say have found a home in the Bush White House) never had much use for fostering racial antagonisms anyway; and many were fighting the battles of the Civil Rights Era on the frontline. Even some of the most conservative of conservative Republicans (Sam Brownback, for one) are lauded for their issue stances in regards to African Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I would like to point out, though, that recently whites became a non majority in Texas. Whites are already a non majority in CA. A political trend that might result is politicians who are "color blind" and campaign on socioeconomic issues more and more. This would neuter the movements like the National Black Caucus or La Raza in a similar way that the KKK was neutered by the civil rights movement.

[ QUOTE ]
Want the 2nd coming of the New Deal? Want liberals running this country? Let a Republican politician make an appeal to the 'white nationalist' vote. You couldn't finish counting to 10 before every single, last Wall Street/major corporate dollar did an about-face and went right into the DNC's coffers (not that some, of course, aren't going there already) - but boy, oh boy, would you see every single moderate Republican (who Bill Kristol correctly calls the $$$ guys) head running for hills and into the arms of the nearest Democratic embrace, checkbook in hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another good sideline discussion. I remember Morgan Stanley lost a lot of business because they had Bill Clinton as a featured speaker at one of their conferences just after Bush took office. You will never be able to remove money from politics, and being affiliated with any given politician can be bad for business. A better policy for business might be to make equal donations to all candidates and just cover all the bases. I know a lot of companies do this already.