View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: My bust hand from Sunday\'s PokerStars $500K guaranteed

[ QUOTE ]
I've been unfortunate to be involved in many similar hand scenarios lately with aggressive players. And some one mentioned the stop and go to me instead of pushing, and I'm now a convert.

First off. Why go all in preflop here against a bigger stack than can bust you. Your not in the red zone of chips, and still have plenty of play left in your game here. I don't think we are down to a push or fold situations yet. At least not against bigger stacks.

My play stop and go. You just call. You flop a queen, best scenario, go all in. Villian's got a hard decision to call a big bet with only two cards to come and overcards.(Assuming he has AK) Same situation if you flop nothing.

Why all in is bad. You were right to start. Your FE is slim to the big stack and even if you spike a queen, after he calls he could still catch a card or cards to bust you.

I had a similar situation. I knew I was ahead and pushed with king/jack suited to an overly aggressive player who called me with jack/ten offsuit. I had no FE, flop all bricks and he cathes a ten on the turn and jack on the river to bust me. If I had done the stop and go. Would he have called my all in with two cards to come with jack ten offsuit. This guy was nuts, so maybe, but at least he's not in till the river with the stop and go, and I'm giving him a chance to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, you're misinformed on the concept of Stop N' Go. Don't feel bad, since it appears that a majority of the posters are. A Stop N' Go is useful when you have no fold equity. I have fold equity.

Secondly, it's used when you are first to act after the flop. I would not be the first. Not to mention that there are three players to act behind me preflop.

So Stop N' Go is not even a discussable issue. Literally.

Anyway, an argument can be made for flat calling. But if I'm going to reraise, all-in is the only sensible option with a hand like AQ.