View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Question about Preflop Recommendations in SSHE

AA-QQ, In general these are hands you will cap every time you are able, all tables all positons. They have a positive expected value and will win more than any other starting hands.

As far as using the loose/tight charts . . . rather than memorize both I would recommend choosing one and sticking with that to start. I chose the tight chart for myself since I intend to move up into high limits and I figure it best to train myself early. Sure I'll lose out on a bit of potential profit . . . I would focus on learning the game at this stage rather than maximizing profits.

In general, if you are willing to call, it is good to call if its one bet back to you. (just pretend you are in the double blind with one bet in on a reasonably good hand).

It may also be helpful to actually write out hand combinations as an exercise . . . highlight the hands worth calling, star the hands worth raising. . . I am a visual learner and this was immensely helpful! You can actually "see" the frequency of hands increasing in late position if you take the time to write out every hand that is listed. Have fun and be sure to post examples to further clarify. =)