View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: 10/20 and Opening Up Preflop from UTG & UTG+1

[ QUOTE ]
You know I really don't know why people want to play terrible hands from EP in the 10/20 where 3-betting is common and imo it's unlikely the gap between your postflop skills and that of your oposition is great enough to compensate for being oop.

My 2c. I'm all for wild times in the CO and button, but adding crap hands from UTG it's just well it's crap. FWIW the hands you've got listed are all ok, for EP raises, but QTs, JTs, 66 K9s are all very player/table/image dependant. Also don't add KTo or QJo in UTG+1 those hands are just plain awful, i'm also wary of opening such low suited A, being suited doesn't add alot to your equity (though when the pot goes multiway they certainly are good). I also really don't know about opening 44+ in UTG+1, the number of times these pots are 3-4handed means these hands generally flop bottom pair and kind of suck postflop to play.

I like your adventuring but I consider adding too many hands in UTG and UTG+1 a mistake unless you really think you can make it work for your image.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real reason I feel I need to make a change is that there is just too big of a gap between my UTG+1 winrate and my Cutoff winrate. I just can't be playing enough hands early.

Position - VPIP - bb/100

UTG - 15.67- .07
UTG+1 - 17.95- .07
CO - 23.53- .12
Button - 27.87- .14

There's just no reason, except for not playing enough hands up front, there should be THAT big of a discrepancy in my EP and LP winrate. Agree?

___1___