View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Empire Poker writing off bad checks?

I played empire for about 18 months before moving to party once they started up the player rewards systems. I used to deposit to empire by using the eChecks by IGM-Pay. Occasionally I would bounce a check, and get an email + phone call telling me i had to pay up which i always did. Right before i left Empire (about 6 months ago) I deposited $100 via eChecks which was return because i didnt have the funds in my checking account. I ignored the emails and phone calls and after a month never heard a word from them again. I have since closed that checking account.

Now what i did is wrong and i realise this but it brings up a question. I went back to empire over month ago and for the hell of it tried to deposit $1000 using the echecks. I no longer have the checking account and really didnt think it was going to work. But... i did it anyways and the $1000 was approved instantly and they took back the $100 i owed them leaving me with $900 in my account. I couldnt believe it. Well stupid me sat down at the 30/60 table (im a 1/2 player) and i just gambled that $900. Well i got lucky and turned that into $3000 and cashed it out to my epassporte account. I got an email saying that the cashout was in progress and the original deposit had to clear. At this point i assumed once the check was returned they would either take back all the money $3000..... or take back the $1000 and leave me with $2000. Well.... 7 days later i got an email saying the cashout was approved and sure enough. I have $3000 in my epassporte account.

What the hell happened? How did it happen?

My guess is empire is just running into the ground and things are all messed up for them for this to happen. BTW never got a phone call... email.. or letter from empire or my old bank and its been over 45 days since i did the deposit. I ended up cashing my epassporte out to my checking account and now physically have $3k that i shouldnt have.

Any thoughts on what happened.