View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Okay, Ed, I raised.

You need to a coach or at least a buddy to watch you play. Your confidence is in the toilet and you have a loser's mentality.

I had a very similar experience when I 1st started playing 6-max. I was a solid full-ring player at micros but at 6-max it seemed I was playing better than my opponents but somehow I was getting creamed all the time. The suckouts were unimagineably common and painful. After a while it affected my play in ways I didn't realize. I finally got the nerve to ask for real live help and some of the micro regulars who were good or better at 6-max agreed to look at some hand session histories and sweat me while I played for free. I would open a table and my coach would sit at a different table and we would open each other
's tables and watch each other play. Whenever I had a decision to make I would tell my hole cards to my coach on AIM. Since we were both one tabling we had plenty of time to chat about each others hands. No collusion mind you just coaching. This helped me and I believe my coaches (who were not charging me anything and were not the best player s either but just solid proven winners) immeasurably.

For one it helped because they were able to catch what I was doing wrong but it helped to watch how a successful player plays a session. It also helped my subtle form of tilt that occurs when you lose. Having a witness/ cheering section to my session made the losses hurt less. Sort of like having a shoulder to cry on or at least someone to share the anger with really helps.

I highly recommend finding an established winning player to do this for you. Start participating in the micro forum and you'll surely find more than a few willing coaches to sweat you and you might make some friends along the way.