View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Feels Like Good Play -- But Is It?

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

I've been here a while. This table is a mixed bag. I've seen some over-aggression, Fancy Play Syndrome, and some solid play as well. My computer had just crashed and I sat out my blinds while I rebooted, and when I got back I figured I'd just post in rather than wait.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Well, I like my starting hand. I'm not sure about the action in front of me, but from what I've seen of their play I can put them on anything from any PP down to offsuit Broadway. I'm pretty sure the call here is appropriate (remember, I've already posted in for a SB). Is this a correct assessment?

Flop: (12.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Yay, I have overcards. My first reacion here was to toss 'em. But, the size of the pot stopped me. Calling two cold here strikes me as a bad idea. I feel like I walk a tightrope between folding too much and overplaying. I can't justify a raise, but I don't want to fold even though I'm probably behind but with outs. In a moment of indecision I just called. Please, bitch me out and/or grill me on this move!

Turn: (9.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Ok, I like the turn club, giving me more outs. I also like the checkdown and am happy to take the free card.

River: (9.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

This doesn't feel like a trap; with the turn checkdown and their general aggression level I don't think either one would risk a checkraise if they had hands. So, I think I'm ahead. With the turn checkdown and it being checked to me on the river, am I correct to bet here?

Final Pot: 11.16 BB