View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Rank your preferred sites and bonuses here.

So far, I've only bonus whore'd at 6 or 7 sites, but I thought I'd list them with the pros and cons of each. Obviously, quality of games will be opinionated and biased based on limit played.

I know that this information is available on other sites, but I like personal accounts of other people's experiences at site, and I thought somebody else might also. Hopefully, someone will post something similar here and I'll be able to identify which site I want to try next.

I don't expect detailed descriptions like I've listed. Simply ranking them 1 to whatever would make me appreciative.

1) Party Poker

Probably self explanatory, but I'll expound anyway. This was my first site, and first bonus attempt. Knowing absolutely nothing about texas hold'em, I managed to rack up raked hands quickly at low limits and not lose my small bankroll in the process. The games are almost always above average and the signup bonus was very good.

The downside is that the reloads are slim, and what you get aren't great when compared with other poker rooms. I think my current reload offer is 15% up to $100.00 at 10x raked hands. If this were any other site, I wouldn't even bother considering the money needed to get $100, and the raked hands required. Here, it's worth it.

2) Bet365

This was my latest new site, and I may be biased because I did very very well even without the bonus. The games aren't exactly fishy, but short handed games are good and full ring is decent if you have a little patience. The signup bonus was excellent with 50% signup bonus up to $100.00, and it was clearable at $.50/$1 games.

The $100.00 december bonanza reload was almost as good, except I had to clear it at $1/$2. These bonuses probably cleared faster than any reload I've attempted to date.

Con: You need a pin to withdraw your money, you have to email support to get your bonus (which took a while but didn't cause me a problem), and you can't cash out easily to Neteller. You have to cash out from within Neteller instead of from within Bet365's software.

3) Empire poker

If these people would offer more reloads, They'd probably be second on my list. The signup bonus was similar to party's if I remember correctly, and this was the first site at which I made money above and beyond my bonus. Again, the tables weren't as fishy as Party's, but they were certainly good enough.

Cons: Not enough reloads. I haven't had an offer since my original deposit almost 2 months ago.

4) Caribbean sun

This might be higher on my list had I not lost my ass the first time around. Bonuswhores has them ranked near the top at $ cleared per hour, but the first time around I played at too low of a limit ($.25/.50, $.50/1) to take advantage of the bonus properly. Now that I'm playing 2/4 full ring and $1/2 six-max, I expect my opinion of this site to go much higher.

Assuming I get a January bonus opportunity, that is.

5) Interpoker

Not going to say much here, as I ran terribly at limits too low to properly clear the bonus, and I was just happy to finally clear the bonus and almost (not quite) break even. I'll give it another shot at $1/$2 and reform my opinion later.

6) Absolute poker

Haaaated it. Worst tables I've ever played toward a bonus that inched upward at $.50/$1 limits and below. I don't think I'll even go back to them at higher limits unless I get a good word on them from someone I respect. I lost more money here than at all the other sites combined. Bad run of cards combined with 22% VPIP tables.