Thread: Paradise $20+2
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Paradise $20+2

I have also moved up to $20 + 2 on Paradise after a month or two at $10 + $1. I think you are seeing an anomoly. My experience across around 50 or 60 tables has been that early on they play very much like $10 + $1 tables. 2-3 maniacs get knocked out and then everyone else plays. However I HAVE noticed that after the maniacs get knocked out the guys at $20 + $2 play better. Not even necessarily BETTER, mostly they just get tighter, its not unusual to get to 50/100 or 150/300 and still have five or six people left. They also tend to be more aware of things like position and stack size. The vast majority of them still have very little idea how to play shorthanded when the blinds are high. I will also occasionally encounter tables where nobody is out going into round three or four, which I NEVER saw at $10 + $1.

Anyways, I think you just hit a run of wacky tables, and I wouldn't worry about it.

However in a separate question I'm about to move up to $30 + $3 after a truly amazing run at $20 + $2 (8 out of the last 10 moneyed - 6 firsts and 2 seconds) and I'm curious if anyone has any comments about what to expect there.