View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Party Poker SNG\'s

thanks for the defense brad. i know ive been running bad online. alot of "bad beats" and i thought maybe i was putting myself in positions to take those. "win a small pot lose a big one" kind of hands.

i know that my luck runs hot, and cold. the cold streaks always have me questioning my worth as a poker player. the hot streaks have me excited and on top of the world.

after my BR suffering online, i had someone stake me in a small home 30$ tournament last night. when i walked in, the guy had just built his own poker room, his own table. a bar. he even had a mini poker table mousepad at his computer so he could shuffle chips while playing online poker. i was sort of intimidated, thinking someone this in love with poker must really have a good understanding of the game.

that soon changed when i saw the blind structure.
5/10
10/25
25/50
50/100 so far so good.
100/150 wtf?
150/200 wtf?
200/300 wtf?
300/500

everyone started with T1000 and there were 6 players, blinds went up every 15minutes. yowza. i made it 3 handed, blinds were high stakes weer low and these were the most passive players i had ever played. eventually blinds were 200/300 (wtf?) and the guys house we were playing had 500 in chips. 200 committed to the SB. he looks down at his cards, and starts to muck. then he says no.. im gonna make a move here and raises me 200. i look down to K5o. i think this is a must call, no? 4 to 1 pot odds?

he turns A8o. he had been folding these cards 3 handed, and almost folded from SB with close to nothing left!!

long story short i doubled him up 3X (never for alot) and finally the other guy got chipped away. it was headsup me and the otehr guy and he became incredibly aggressive. with the blinds/stacks short it was hard to play back with 10 high. so on my 2nd SB i pushed allin without paying attention to my cards (i looked, but only so he didnt think i was pushing blind.) he looked down and says "you made the wrong time to do this. well i hope you chose the wrong time" calls and shows QQ. i flip 85o.
flop 865
turn 5
river blank
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo suckouts work both ways!

next hand hes sb for 300 has 600 left. raises me 100. i call. 94o vs 83o.
flop 944. and thats all she wrote.