View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Party Poker SNG\'s

Well,
My life is nothing but poker right now, and I stay on these boards day in and day out. I find nearly all of the posts I read useful in some way or another. Some of them just help me feel better after I've taken a beating (however well deserved [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

I am shocked that so many people have chosen to respond to the original post in such a venomous manner. It really makes no difference to any of us whether Dan is a long-term winner or loser. Whether he is a shark or a fish. It doesn't matter that we may be the very *idiots* that he is referring to in his post. WHY?

Because as a contributor to these columns, he is part of our crowd. He's a 2+2er, and he's here for the same reason as all of us: To learn to play his game a little better. We ALL have had a great day at the tables, and it makes us feel great. It doesn't matter that we made an un-likely suck-out on the river to put us on top...only the fact that , for once, the poker gods have finally smiled on us (however briefly).

In conclusion, I would like to say "Way to Go, Dan!, Just remember how great this feels on those days when things really SUCK. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]".

[ QUOTE ]
Then I read the thread immediately below yours - a thread about a player struggling to do more than break even at the $10 dollar level. Suddenly when I looked at these two threads so close together I had to ask myself why anyone would make your post. I give everybody the benefit of the doubt, and I assume you didn't read or consider that thread, but it seems tactless. This is especially true when that other thread is contributing in a meaningful way to this forum while yours is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps this post is not meaningful to some, but I think it's nice to see a 2+2er having a great day.

<stepping down off of my soapbox>

--Casey