View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 03:46 PM

Default PTO Autorate rules for PLO

Here is my first shot at a set of autorating rules for PTO. When designing these rules I pretty much had to forget the methods used for autorating Hold'em players as winning styles for PLO players vary a lot more. Instead I concentrated on information that I would like to have about players while playing.

The first two things I like to know are fish factor and rock factor. Using the priorities I strip out all the fish (VPIP>50) and all the nuts peddlers (VPIP<18, PFR<2%, AFT < 1.0). The rest get passed through the rest of the rules.

Since the nexus if any PLO hand is the flop that's where I focussed. I rated players on three criteria: Gambling/Conservative pre flop, Aggressive, Neutral or Passive on the flop and Resilient or Compliant.

The last needs a little explaining, essentially I wanted to rate how likely a plyer was to lay down his hand on the flop. The standard measure is usually Agg Factor- Flop, which is the stat I used for the A/N/P rating but the way it is calculated makes it less useful as a measure of a player folding. I finally decided to use 'When Fold % - Flop' The is the % of hands a player will fold on the flop. After running a few trials on my DB I set the dividing value at 20%. Thus a resilient player is less likely to lay down a hand than a compliant one.

Comments and suggestions are welcome, this is just a rough draft.

Rob

Autorate