View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 05:03 PM

Default Re: A State of Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]

“IT IS UNLAWFUL TO STORE OR KEEP A FIREARM, RIFLE, SHOTGUN OR MACHINE GUN IN ANY PLACE UNLESS THAT WEAPON IS EQUIPPED WITH A TAMPER-RESISTANT SAFETY DEVICE OR IS STORED OR KEPT IN A SECURELY LOCKED CONTAINER.”

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that the legislative intent there is that safe storage of guns consists of placing them in 55 gallon drums which are then filled with concrete and buried at sea. They were just too politically correct to come right out and say it.

[ QUOTE ]
I have no need for warnings and find the continual banal blather of posted and required warnings not just a general nuisance but also a sign that all intelligent and civil behavior that comes natural to any civilized human being is under assault by a pack of demagogic morons that wish to hound and peck me to death with unwarranted scare tactics and puerile lunacy under the guise of Do-Gooding nonsense. Such warnings are inimical to any freethinking individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts operates under the assumption that all of its citizens, with the exception of its elite and enlightened elected officials, are in need of assisted living in the conduct of their day-to-day activities. Essentially, the government operates under the theory that its citizens are too stupid to come in out of the rain. Based on who they elect to office, that theory has a lot going for it. This is what we could be looking forward to on the national level if JFK II had won a few more votes.

"An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert Heinlein