View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: How can i improve my skils ? I play 2/4 now.

[ QUOTE ]
I tried .50/1 and 1/2 but in those lot of players raise and reraise with nothing so i end up folding a med pair or fold on the preflop with avg wining hand. Thats why i play 2/4 because in that most dont reaise and reraise with nothing. when ever i entered a table at .50/1 or 1/2 i came out with 0 dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have an extremely poor (albeit common) misunderstanding of poker.

Drop down to the .5/1 games and don't leave until you can beat those games.
you HAVE to learn how to win at the .5/1 tables (or even smaller limits on other sites like pokerstars or UB perhaps).

You absolute HAVE to forget EVERYTHING you thought you knew about poker and start over with a completely open-mind. Because some of the things you are thinking about what constitutes 'good poker play' are completely wrong (hence the reason you're losing so frequently).
Until you accept this you will not become a winning player.

Drop to the .5/1 tables.
Go to the micro-limit forums.
Read a lot.
Stop multi-tabling as much.

(also...you can try re-reading some of your books with a greater focus on absorbing the information instead of just reading through it)

You are not playing winning poker because you don't know how to play winning poker.
These forums are a great way to learn how to play winning poker. It's just up to the individual to accept the fact that the way THEY play is wrong and that the way the consistent winners play is generally more correct.