View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: How can i improve my skils ? I play 2/4 now.

Trish,

Congrats on coming here and admitting you have a problem. I would generally say that someone that has or is playing a lot of cards needs to take a few days away from the game, re group mentally, go fishing, golfing, whatever it is you do but nothing poker at least for a few days.

When you come back drop down to some lower limits, suffice to say that worrying about the money part isn't what you should be doing. Hell I know there are days where you play the cards the way you are supposed to 85% of the time and you just lose. I think you should be focusing on each hand, what others have, and re-evaluating what you think and what you do know about the game. I've met some really good players in my time and I have noticed that the ones who are more successful are the ones that are willing to look outside of the box and are willing to change.

I can't really say whats going on your head when you play, only you know that but right now things arent going right. People will suggest books, and posting on here and thats all good and long term it will make you a better player but for the short term you have to decide what you want to do we can only offer our suggestions.

Seth