View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: This Ought To Get Some Replies

Are you kidding with the "decade old" statement? Some of the problems with the research (design and statistics to name two) haven't changed that much since then. And you read the letters? Did you notice the articles they were talking about? And what further research have you seen since then? There's only been a handful of studies, most of which deal with either gender differences, handedness, or one that I can recall using twins.
Do you know how the brain works? Anything on brain development? Brain evolution? Besides the problems with measuring brains size, etc. if you did know anything about these subjects you'd see how strange it is to use a measure like overall brain size for determining these things (that's why there aren't as many studies) and you'd probably have a better appreciation for the role epigenetic factors (nutrition, etc.) play in not only brain size but also intelligence, etc.

You are basically taking soundbites from popular media that support your point. All I'm doing is pointing out that that's useless for debate on a subject like this. Luckily the funding agencies and scientific journals don't weigh my
findings against a 2 page article in the NYT.

Weak crack on me too.