View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Re: 3-bet J10s against good player?

[ QUOTE ]

I think there are lots of recommendations around here to do or not do certain things because "we will get run over" or because "we will be easy to play against" that are misguided because they are based on the assumption that our opponent will both correctly assess AND correctly exploit the vulnerability of our actions. This is a leap that I am not prepared to make until the opponent proves it to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of good posts in this thread. This is certainly true for the mid-limit SH games I have played in (10/20 + 15/30). I made the mistake you alluded to, and I have found that I am playing much better now that I have gotten back to a more ABC game. I still make situational adjustments, but instead of semifrequently taking unorthodox lines to confuse my opponents, I only rarely deviate from what I think it the most +EV line for the hand. Taking into account the situational complexity of each decision randomizes my actions enough that the typical opponent at these levels really can't get a very accurate sense of how to exploit my play.