View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 05:52 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Open Raise UTG (Poll)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's just that the overall concensus by the #1 place to discuss poker on the internet would rather play QTs and JTs over KTo and QJo is alarming.

Such a poll in it's intent is irrelevant and I'd raise or fold all those hands in all sorts of games. Granted, some more than others (raise/fold). The only way to view such a poll is to think of it as being stuck w/one hand for your entire time playing poker and had to raise UTG. I'd rather have QJo for the rest of my life in a 6-max game than QTs. But the population obviously feels different.

[/ QUOTE ]

S&M hand rankings, anybody?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, first in from the sb you'd rather have QJo. first in at a 10-handed table you'd rather have QTs. this is probably true against every imagineable lineup. so there is some point where you're equally content with the two hands. for me, it's probably around the hijack. for JT, it's probably around 4 off the button

the probelm with the S&M rankings is it's a qualitative average of all possible spots put together. I don't think they help much for this conversation.

unless you were pointing out that JTs is ranked higher than FOUR suited hands that dominate it. QJs, KJs, ATs, QTs (in that order), and even KQo.

actually looking back at it again, I'm surprised ATs is ranked lower than QJs.