View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Re: AviD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like good ole power football myself but this offense doesn't properly prepair players for the pros. Even OL just doesn't get enough reps in practice or games to work on pass protection.

Remember the days of Earl Campbell? Now that is power football. By the way what does Stars have to do with football?

[/ QUOTE ]

My team, the Ampipe Bulldogs, didn't need power football to win. We had a quarterback named "Rifleman" who lived up to his name. So, we were pretty much the fun and gun, which is unusual for a dying Pennsylvania steel town. Our recipe for sucess was to jump out to an early lead, then hold stout with a 5'4" cornerback (me) as the "Keystone" of the "D."

Well, you know the story: yadda, yadda, yadda, I get kicked off the team; - yadda, yadda, yadda, having troubles with the girlfriend; yadda, yadda, yadda, now I have to make all the right moves to get my life back on track.

Reminds me of some guys from a neighboring town, Michael Vronsky and his buddies Nick and Steven. They are like schoolmates, hanging out in a local bar and enjoying weekends of deer-hunting. Michael and Nick are also both in love with Linda, who seems to juggle both of the men. But their placid life is soon to be changed after they are enlisted in the airborne infantry of Vietnam. So they all celebrate a goodbye at Steven's wedding and they leave to Vietnam, where they are captured by the enemy and forced to play a game of Russian Roulette. They escape and return home, but their lives are forever changed. Nick stays in Vietnam, Michael returns to Linda, and Steven is handicapped after losing a leg in the war.

Just something to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate?