View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Dating smarter / not as smart girls...your thoughts

If you're looking for a partner for the long term, you want someone that you will respect. I have dated a lot of dumb women over the years, and always ended up being bored with them and not respecting them because they had no intellectual contribution to make in the relationship. I met my wife while we were both in law school, and I was glad to find an intellectual equal (I may just be fooling myself, she might be smarter than me, but I will never admit it.) We had a lot in common, made each other laugh, and shared a lot of the same views and values. And great sex. Yes, I have to deal with her being an argumentative biyatch a lot of times (she doesn't argue, she cross-examines, and she is great at it), but she's right a lot, too, and doesn't let me get away with all the BS I pulled on the dumber girls. There's a lot to be said for someone who will call you out on your BS; it makes you a better person. So date all the dumb women you want, but find someone you respect when you are ready to settle down, or, settle down when you find someone you respect.