View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final 27

[ QUOTE ]
That was about the two most entertaining hours of televised poker I've seen. ESPN did a good job putting this one together.

Dannemann, Matusow and Black all seemed really cool. Especially Black.

[/ QUOTE ]

From witnessing it all in person (and getting a chance to be at the press conferences), Black is definitely a cool guy. Strangely spiritual for a poker player, but cool nonetheless.

Dannenmann is exactly what he seems like - your next door neighbor. Friendly, funny, unassuming. The visor he was wearing was for his buddy's company. The friend did give him half his buy-in in exchange for wearing the visor, but the visor request was more of a joke than anything, considering he didn't expect to get it on TV.

Matusow, while still "The Mouth," was a good sport even when things didn't go his way. I was standing a few yards away when he had that blowup with Sheik and I can tell you that virtually nobody was siding with Sheik. That chest bump someone asked about was for entertainment value.

Hachem is also a very cool guy. He should be a great ambassador for the game. Seems appreciate the game, appreciate people, and appreciate life.