View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 09:05 PM

Default SSNL Session + review posts?

From GrunchCan:

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing I might recommend with reservation is the idea of a weekly session post & review. This is another new thing happening in micros, and it has a lot of potential. Once a week, someone is selected to post a session of about 100 hands, including all the PF folds. That person can be anonymous or known, and the session can be from any level or structure. The rest of the forum then reviews the session, and posts hands that they find interesting in some way. The resulting discussion has been really good. Many topics are covered that otherwise would not be covered, because everyone sees an entire session. Everybody benefits, including obviously the session poster, and the people who review the session but don’t post reviews, and those that do post reviews or replies to reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a post from the "A few procedural things for SSNL" thread. After checking out the micro-thread about this thing I felt like it was a pretty neat idea, and without thinking the whole thing really through I already started converting one of my sessions at the 50NL. I've now done over 60 hands and I just realized it might be good thing to first ask what the forum users think about this idea before I possibly waste anymore of my efforts.

1. How do people in general feel about this idea? Good/bad?

2. Would it be rude if a newbie like me who has contributed very little for this forum this far would do the first session post?

3. I'm probably not as experienced as most of the posters here. Is this a problem? I have recently moved up to 50NL and I'm quite sure I'm beating the game.

4. I play 6-max. Is this a problem?

5. This far I have converted every hand I played in the session so naturally there's lots of folding included. Should I remove the boring hands or do people want a raw session?

6. How many hands should be included? My session has 120 hands total.

7. Is this kind of thing worth getting stickied like in the micro forum?

Discuss :-)