View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Difficulty with O8 concept from Zee\'s book

Okay, I've read Ray's book about five times or more now, but I still consider myself to be very much a beginner at O8, because it is such a multi-faceted games at different levels. Like Ray says, in the LL passive games, it is a "nut-nut" game. At the higher levels, it's more like a HE game. Tournaments are even more complex, as the betting levels increase.

Having said all of that, though, and admitting that I'm just starting to dig deeply into O8, I'll try to answer your questions.

With the 23 hand, you are looking for an ace to flop, plain and simple. It's so easy to get away from this hand post-flop, that if it only costs you one bet to see the flop, you can take it in LP.

With the 24 hand, almost ditto. You are looking for the A3, or some other kind of wheel/6-high nut straight possibility. On the high side, you are looking for your set of jacks, because there is less liklihood of a low, with a jack flopping.

LL, passive O8 is so much about seeing a cheap flop, then getting away from non-profitable hands after the flop. You have to really know how to play post-flop in that kind of game. It is the difference between winning and losing.

Good luck!

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]