View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Magoo Weekend Report (long, low poker content)

Very nice synopsis. You know, I did end up winning $580 at a $2-$4 game with 2+2ers wall-to-wall in 5 hours. Nice win rate.

Of course, most of it occurred in 2 massive pots which I swept.

I couldn't believe the number of people that would watch the game in complete disbelief, whispering that they wished someone left, as they felt they could fleece us for all of our money.

As related in another post, one individual tried, and was sent packing fairly quickly.

The other interesting thing was watching one of the main, attractive floors Jennifer, pull each dealer aside, or a group of dealers aside, and try to explain in advance all of the games we were playing, and the rules to those games. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

A HUGE thank you has to go out to the MGM and especially Gary, our key contact and head shift manager. They went out of their way to help us set this up, put up with all of our antics (of course they were all tipped very well as well), and defended us to the security team that wanted to come down and put a stop to our antics.

The high light of this was when multiple people at our table were throwing multiple chips in tips at the dealer at the sametime, all trying to make it into the dealers shirt pocket. Many of us 2+2ers are VERY bad shots, and those tips ended up in the dealers tray.

Then, the dealer is seen taking chips out of the tray and putting them into their pocket. The security team upstairs monitoring all of this was having a major fit. Never the less, Gary told them to hose themselves off with cold water, that they had been informed a month in advance of this, that everyone was being taken care of well, and that the MGM loved the business.

Jennifer told them that they would just make good on the dealer racks if anything didn't add up.

This is what I call customer service. It was a pleasure to play there, and it was enormously fun. Of course, it doesn't hurt to win 29 big bets an hour. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]