View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Defending BB issue

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will give u a hint though to postflop play. And this goes doubly for HU matches where BB is out of position to sb/button: Think to the turn. You need to know if he's willing to keep firing on to the turn or bets the flop and gives up. If he gives up on the turn, start 3betting more preflop. If he always continuation bets the flop AND turn consider calling preflop more often, then calling flop and raising turn. Say u do this w/ 44. U call preflop, call a K-high flop, and raise his turn bet. If he 3bets, fold (notice this play costs the same as calling down). If he calls, check behind on the river.

Hopefully this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

This helps a lot. You gave a bunch of good advice but I liked that part about thinking about the turn the best. When playing 6 max at a place like Absolute I often end up 2 or 3 handed and usually leave if both (or lone) opponent is a TAG. However, the times I haven't it often fills up with LP's or LAG's so I think I shouldn't shy away from these situations as much. Playing in the blinds against aggressive opponents is something that I aspire to do better.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only time Id shy away from a TAG hu is if they are decent HU...well actually thats wrong, I like playing good players HU...they are fun to play against. Once u learn the basics of HU and really start getting good at it (and, as for this next part, maybe this is just me) but playing ppl who know how to be aggressive HU can be really really fun. HU against bad players can get tedious, but nets u the monies. Good HU players u net less monies, but have a more competetive experience. etc. etc.

Kind of got off track (Im super tired), my original point was this...while some Tags are good HU, almost any Tag, in 6max or full ring, has absolutly no idea what to do HU. Like I said earlier, some will think u a fish for understanding appropriate HU hand values and will not understand why they are losing when u are just plain outplaying the hell out of them on every street.

Not to mention if they tilt they are pulled even more from their comfort zone...learning good HU play can be a cash machine. I spent quite a while learning it because it was more fun to me than any other form of poker. Sure, the swings can suck, but u get to take advantage of your opponents more than anywhere else. (Note: even if u might swing faster u recover from that swing infinitly faster as well. If u capatilize on your opponents mistakes they can only outflop or consistently get better cards than u over a short period of time)

A decent amount of ppl suck at 6max, even more ppl suck as the games get short (and this is a large number of players out there)