View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Defending BB issue

[ QUOTE ]
I will give u a hint though to postflop play. And this goes doubly for HU matches where BB is out of position to sb/button: Think to the turn. You need to know if he's willing to keep firing on to the turn or bets the flop and gives up. If he gives up on the turn, start 3betting more preflop. If he always continuation bets the flop AND turn consider calling preflop more often, then calling flop and raising turn. Say u do this w/ 44. U call preflop, call a K-high flop, and raise his turn bet. If he 3bets, fold (notice this play costs the same as calling down). If he calls, check behind on the river.

Hopefully this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

This helps a lot. You gave a bunch of good advice but I liked that part about thinking about the turn the best. When playing 6 max at a place like Absolute I often end up 2 or 3 handed and usually leave if both (or lone) opponent is a TAG. However, the times I haven't it often fills up with LP's or LAG's so I think I shouldn't shy away from these situations as much. Playing in the blinds against aggressive opponents is something that I aspire to do better.