View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: My contribution to all the \"turning pro\" posts. LONG

I did a lot of searching today in the threads. Ive pulled up millers articles, and even got back to re-reading David Ross's first and seconf year posts. Which I must say did actually keep me insipred in the dark beginning days of failing at 1/2. Its weird, looking back at those posts now, the certain hands, I actually have MY own opinions about what some of the pros are doing. When I first read them it was more like a manual that I didnt dare contridict.

Anyways, Ive decided that I will eventually leave my current job, but I think im going to up my bankroll requirements a lot. I think I need to wait until I have about 1000BB of 10/20. Ive got a long way to go. I think that during this time I can study a whole lot more from current pros, get out all the questions I can think of and be over-ready for doing this. I think that this over-protection will enable me to enjoy my first few months a lot more as most pros usually hit a hard streak when they go fulltime. I dont want to stress then, I want to enjoy not working [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Also Im really thinking after I get back from vegas next month Im going to start taking like a monthly JoeTall coaching session.

Its funny (IF you're sick of this NC post then please stop reading now)
Tomorrow is my birthday and earlier today I went back home to have dinner with my family. I got to sit down to talk with my sister who just graduated high school and started college. She too is intersted in graphic desgin. She publishes her own Japanese Manga, and just started classes.

I've relized recently that she's really a lot smarter than I give her credit for, and really enjoy talking seriously with her now. I told her of my "going pro" post on here and asked her opinion. She gave a pretty weird look when I was talking about winning and losing hundreds of dollars everyday. Not much help here.
My dad came out then and I tactfully brought the topic up again with him. This was pretty tough. After telling him about my stats, the money potential, and going back to school, he just kind of looked at me weird and told me that he could never rely on gambling to support his family. My mother was a little more aggro about the situation as she commented "I will kick your ass if you quit your job!"

Hmmm, maybe in a year or so If I show them a 20K balance in Neteller they may think different.

...Anyways thanks everyone. Appreciate the help.