View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Call down mode, too weak?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know what he could be coldcalling you with here? If he's raising the flop with a straight draw he has now paired up on the turn, if he's raising this flop with any pair then you're wrong to call his turn bet, and if he's raising you with overcards then you might be drawing to 3 outs (unlikely assuming the preflop action but you can't exclude it as a possibility). I'm not talking about playing scared poker, but I think this is definetly a turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your general thought process, but on the other hand, if the villian has overcards, the villian might be drawing to 3 or 6 outs. Also, he could have a flush draw, which did not get there. (The flush draw is slightly less likely because we have the ace of diamonds and people love to coldcall raises with suited aces.)

I think this really boils down to the range of hands that the villian will coldcall with and how often the villian will raise this flop on a draw or bluff. (particularly on how often he will bluff) How often he raises the flop with an 8 also factors in and the hero thinks that is unlikely.

Against some players, I think this is an easy and profitable calldown.