View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Limping AA UTG - 10 handed full ring?

I think this about sums up what people have said in the thread.

As mentioned it's pretty rare to get AA UTG, or even in an early position removing the blinds. However, as AA is the most profitable hand there is, I think it merits some consideration. Indeed, perhaps it happens so rarely that I really want to maximize profit when it does happen.

Reraising junk UTG and managing to show it down without being skalped is a tricky move, and one I'm not up for. I may try to hone this skill at a later date! Also, setting people up for a situation that happens so rarely (i.e. unlikely in the current session) doesn't seem like a great plan, so the play itself would have to be +ev. I know there are ways to do this, but you'd better be good at it.

You say just to stick in my "normal raise" ... from 3x - 5x for me ... probably the latter UTG. The problem here is that I rarely raise anything UTG. Also, even though I'm losing EV I really only want at most two callers if I'm going to try and play a big pot OOP.

I wanted to use the table average as a metric for how likely a limp is to be reraised simply because it's an actual figure rather than talking about how the button is very LAGgy.

Also, is there anywhere that gives some examples of what sort of hands various percentages might mean? For example 2% means probably just AA/KK etc. I realise that this can't be absolute, but it could be useful in some situations.