View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 02:24 AM

Default Omaha Hi only hand

Hi, earlier tonight I found myself playing Omaho Hi only for the first time and I'm questioning how I played the following hand:

I have A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] in the small blind. There are two callers, UTG+1 (Loose Aggresive, LA) and UTG+2 (Good Player, GP), I complete, and the big blind checks. This is a good starting hand, right? Should I have raised?

flop: J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

I just flopped the nut straight and I decide to wait until the turn to bet. Checked to LA who bets, GP raises, I call and so does BB and LA. 4 of us still in.

turn: 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

I've picked up a flush draw as well, and that couldn't have helped anyone else out. Now on the the flop the LA and the GP got into a little spat on whether the GP called "raise" before his chip hit the table. The floor finally ruled in favor of the GP. Since he seemed so intent on betting then I thought for sure he'd bet again here. I check and it is checked around.

I think this attempt on my part was really stupid, since even if I do manage to check-raise GP, that will only serve to knock out the other two players when I have the best of it. Please tell me what you think.

river: J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

My stomach turned when this card came out. I now have an Ace-high flush, but I may have let someone with Jack's-up draw out on me for free. I bet the river, and all call except for GP who folds. I breath a sigh of relief and take the pot when I show my flush (I never saw the other hands). Please comment on my play. Thanks,

Morgan