Thread: QQ in BB
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Re: QQ in BB

I think you picked the two most uninteresting portions of this hand to want to discuss.

preflop- there are two kinds of people in this world ( no, not elvis people and beatles people), those who are from the kinda sklansky-esque school of mathematical pot equity who raise here, and those from the caro no one is gonna fold anyway lets take a look at a flop school. figure out which one your in and act accordingly. i dont think anything about this situation changes the outcome of this age old debate for you. While raising preflop might not have gotten the sb off 25, it will give you more ground to bitch and moan when he fists you, which is something most players seem to prefer to taking down the pot

River- raise. grow up. and if your thinking "doesnt he see i could get the overcall if im ahead, and avoid being 3 bet if im behind" dont worry, i get it. going for the overcall here is hella lame. hella. although its possible your definition of moderately tight differs from mine, in this game with this board top set looks pretty good

check raise the flop. 4 people to act after you, somebody has to bet at this ragged flop to try and take it. at these stakes odds are you have a highly reliable button man in this spot after all its extremely aggressive.