View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Who wins when mistakes are made?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the button is obviously a calling station, and they get lucky sometimes. There is no point discussing his play, because it is well known that calling stations lose their money eventually. The only reason he won this pot is because the best hand folded to very little pressure. If anything, he played more aggressively than the SB, because he didn't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

But he played far more passively than the MP2, and still won. In fact, he might have made the only possible play that would have won this particular hand, which I find pretty interesting. In which situation would you be more likely to fold, all else being equal?
a) you bet, the next player raises, and third player folds
b) you bet, the next player calls, and the third player raises

I'm also curious why you'd say MP2's play was correct even if he could see both our hands, no matter how you look at it. Let's say we turn over our cards on the turn. SB bets UTG+1 calls (for whatever strange reason). You think MP2 should raise? Let's say we don't turn over the cards until UTG+1 calls. You still think MP2 should raise? I don't understand that. If he raised, SB would reraise and UTG+1 would fold. They'd be going at it 1:1, but MP2 would be not even 2:1 odds against for winning the hand.

By the way, I think all 3 players made mistakes in this hand. That's why I find it interesting to see where the money goes.