View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Results and thoughts

Maybe I should have mentioned that this hand wasn't on Party, it was on Stars. The players in that game are typically fairly tight and very straight forward. When they check, they have nothing. That may have made a difference in some of the responses.

Flop: When everyone checks, I think there's actually a pretty good chance I'll win the pot with a bet in this game. LP's check call looked to me like a draw or a really weak hand like just a Q that he's taking one card off with.

Turn: I think I agree with those of you that said I should bet. I was going to, but I didn't want to get called again by a draw then have to decide if I should fire another barrel at the river to make a hand like JT88 fold. That's probably a poor reason, but that's what I was thinking.

River: I think many of you are giving him way too much credit. The average player in this game won't even notice that my bet looks suspicious, nevermind try to do anything about it. I'll occasionally get called by just a Q, but I don't think he's ever going to check raise bluff me.

Anyway, I bet and he folded, so we'll never know what he had.

I'm going to keep posting these hands. I've learned a ton from the last two or three hands that I've posted here. Thanks.