View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Reasonable spot to bluff?

Hi,

Some thoughts about your play :

Preflop : raise. You have the best position, a pretty good hand, and you have to vary you raises preflop. Unless you have a tell someone will limp reraise (but I guess it is an online hand), raise. You have a big stack compared to your opponents, you have to use it.

Flop : OK.

Turn : I disagree with your play. You should bet, at least 50% of the pot. You are basically telling your opponent : I am on a draw. He is weak : he check called on the flop, and checked on fourth street. Play your opponent, not your cards : bet.

River : I dont like your play here neither. On the turn, you said, "i Am on a draw". Unless the other player is very bad, he will bet with any busted draw on the river. If he checks, there is a good chance he has not much, but want to induce a bluff from you. Check and muck, unless you have a read your opponent is a relly deep weak-tight idiot.

Very intersting hand, though. Dont forget to play your opponent, and dont forget he also sometimes thinks about what you have. Here on the river he basically knows what you are doing ; he knows you are on a draw, and missed. If he did not bet, there is a reason. He wants you to bluff.

See you

sahaguje