Thread: In my prime
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: In my prime

When I was a teenager I hated school, I hated my parents, I hated my part-time job, I hated most of my friends...basically I hated everything and was miserable all the time. If it wasn't for the little bit of tail that I was getting, I'd have had no joy in my life at all.

When I was in my twenties, I was working full-time at a horrible soul-sucking job, and going to school part-time to get my degree. I had no idea what I was going to do after I left school, I was broke all the time, I had no free time to have fun, and I grew apart from many of the friends I had from high school (and didn't make many friends in University because I was mostly going to school at night). I wasn't as miserable as I was in high school, but I definitely wasn't happy.

Now that I'm 31, I'm working at a job that pays fairly well but doesn't involve me working more than 40 hours a week. I have lots of free time to play sports and to go out. I've made more friends than I've ever had in my life. I don't worry about money anymore and am debt-free. Most importantly, I'm happy with who I am...which I hadn't been since about my 12th birthday or so.

So I think that *this* is my prime. However, if I could go back and redo my life up to now, I would have done many things differently, and my prime may have come sooner as a result.