View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 12:12 AM

Default What Was Sam Farha Thinking?

Not sure where to post this, but since the discussion occurred in the Bellagio, the post goes here...

It's 1 a.m. on Sunday morning, July 3rd at the Bellagio. I'm chilling at the bar just outside the poker room (just to the right of the High Limit poker room for you Bellagio guru's). I spot Sam Farha grabbing a drink at the same bar and me and my wife decided to ask for his autograph. He obliged, very nice guy. Here's the crazy part...

I told him I was pulling for him against Moneymaker in the 2003 WSOP. His response was that he was actually hoping Moneymaker won the tourney!!! I was baffled, but of course, did not ask him why in attempt to show respect.

I take Sam Farha for his word, not knowing any better, so don't assume he was kidding...certainly he said it with a straight face, with no hint of a "bluff," if you will.

I've developed my own theory on this (which I'll share shortly) BUT WHY THE HELL WOULD FARHA WANT MONEYMAKER TO WIN THE 2003 WSOP, when it gets down to heads-up action?

Conspiracy theorists unite...what are your thoughts as to why Farha would want Moneymaker to win?