View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Has anyone ever played against me?

[ QUOTE ]
If I remember you were in the 6 or 7. If I am right you play too few hands and you don't talk much.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...I've never heard this criticism against another player in a live game with a small sample size of hands before. Does that mean that you think he's missing profitable opportunities to limp in late position? Or that he doesn't defend his blinds enough? Or that he doesn't raise enough hands preflop so his range is too limited when he does?

I'm not criticizing your observation here I'm just genuinely curious how you can come to that observation when you can't see what hands he's folding. I often hear the criticism about someone playing too many hands (especially live) and that is an easier obsevervation to make when you see someone limp with a weak hand in EP, cold call with a mediocre hand, or defend his blinds with trash.

I am almost always the tightest player when I play live (I folded K8o on my BB to a heads up raise from a TAG in late MP when I played 10-20 for the first time on the weekend as an example). And I frequently get comments about how tightly I play (probably 18%/9% but it seems so much tighter live when there are long bad stretches of cards). I guess some of the other players are characterizing me as playing badly since I don't play enough hands but I can't see how that fault can be that horrible unless my blinds are habitually getting run over in a really tight game and I'm not doing my share of stealing myself.